Thursday 19 April 2012

How do you eat yours?


So I was working hard in the university library and all of a sudden I thought "Ooo I would love a Cadbury’s Creme Egg!!”. (I think it is because of all the Easter Creme Egg advertising, I still have a craving for them).That is when I remembered Cadbury’s “How do you eat yours” campaign. The campaign started in 1985 and has been so successful that it is still a popular campaign ad today.


Yummy!

So my question to you is… How do you eat yours?

I feel ashamed to admit this… but I will start you off and set the scene… I dim the lights in the living room and lie down on the sofa. I slowly take off the blue and yellow foil and take a second to inhale the rich chocolate smell. I then take an initial bite off the top of the egg and lick the soft fondant middle and really savour the moment… Then I… then…I put on an episode of friends and have a glass of milk to wash down the rich chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. I... Remove the wrapper, lick the top and then gently bite it off. I then slowly and carefully (in hope that I don't waste any of it) suck out the fondant.
    To make sure it has all gone I lick the inside of the egg one last time before eating the shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the 'cadbury's creme egg' as two separate entities, the sweet insides need to be eaten first (after biting the 'head' off of course), leaving the hollow chocolate egg for after, yet this too needs to be eaten straight away, in order to have the full 'creme egg experience'. Just like you, I have to wash it down with a glass of milk. I guess that's why the creme egg is generally reserved for Easter, it is far too sweet to enjoy every day! (Demi Bacchus-A Guyanese/English Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I slowly remove the wrapper, Take a big bite first so all the cream starts to drip out and I then lick all th cream until it's gone, Finally I place the rest of te chocolate into my mouth and suck until it's melted and ready to swallow :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always bite the top of the egg off first and then eat the inside, followed by the remaining chocolate shell. This question also made me think about Jaffa cakes and individual eating habits, as everyone has their own way of eating a Jaffa cake. It's interesting how some foods in society are eaten in the same way and others are personal.

    ReplyDelete